Fashions in the Field
Information, Terms and Conditions.
Judges decision will be based on:
- Style, originality, understanding and interpretation of current fashion trends.
- Attention to detail with accessories, grooming and deportment.
- Appropriateness of the outfit to a premier raceday.
- Fax and online pre-registration until 4pm Friday 23 March (pre-registered entrants MUST still check-in at the desk on the day prior to 1.00pm).
- On the day registration commences at NOON and closes at 1:00pm (registration close off may be extended at the promoter’s discretion).
- Preliminary judging will commence at approximately 1:30pm.
- To the extent of any inconsistency in the information on how to enter and any other details and instructions, these terms and conditions prevail. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or over as at the date of the event.
- Executives, and/or Spouses/family of Executives’ of the Racing Tauranga and/or the New Zealand Racing Board and any Fashions In The Field Sponsors are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. In the event that any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All voucher prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the company the voucher is issued for.
- Attempts by prize winners to on-sell prizes may be considered forfeiture of prize, and be asked for return to promoters.
- For the overall Grand Prize winning contestant to represent Racing Tauranga at the 2018 Fashions on the Field at the Brisbane Racing Carnival, Hardy Brothers Doomben Cup Day 19 May, the winner must also be bound by all terms and conditions of Brisbane Racing Club.
- The trip for one to the Brisbane Racing Carnival, Hardy Brothers Doomben Cup Day must be taken during the periods specified by the prize sponsors (as per Prize Vouchers supplied). The winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically included in the prize description and that are incurred by the winner or their companion, including, without limitation, meals & drinks, transport/transfers, taxes, spending money, personal expenses, travel and health insurance, rental car insurance and any other incidentals.
- The wearer of the winning outfit is deemed the prize-winner. The winner will be notified on the day by public announcement.
- Outfits must be the property of the contestant. Hire Garments are not permitted. Any contestant found to be wearing a hire garment (on loan or paid for) will be disqualified and liable for any prizes already awarded.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Failure to appear at the allocated time for judging and/or at the semi-final, final or presentation(s) will result in disqualification. You will be notified of this time at registration.
- If the race meeting is abandoned, the event may be cancelled and a substitute event may not be offered.
- Entry in the competition is deemed as consent by the winners to appear in a reasonable amount of advertising and publicity including use and publication of the winner’s photo (either by the club or any other third party to which it is licensed).
- All photographs of entrants taken on-course on the day of the competition become the property of Racing Tauranga and may be used for future advertising and publicity purposes and may also be licensed or provided to the NZ Racing Board and Brisbane Racing Club for its day to day, advertising and promotional use.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and any other person or party associated with the promotion shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered, sustained or caused (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connections with the promotion or any prize.