Racing Tauranga Incorporated Terms and Conditions for Online Ticket Sales
These Terms and Conditions (Terms) apply to the sale and purchase of tickets online at our website. Please read these Terms carefully before purchasing your ticket. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be bound by the following Terms.
These Terms are to be read together with all other statements, directives and terms and conditions displayed on (but not limited to) the ticket, our website, and at the Tauranga Racecourse.
1.1 In these Terms:
- Event meant any event taking place at the Tauranga Racecourse and includes a Meeting and Race.
- Force Majeure means any event beyond our reasonable control such as, but not limited to, adverse weather conditions, war, acts of terrorism, civil disturbance, any order or act of a government, regulatory or governing body, disease, pandemic, epidemic, fir e, flood, labour dispute, lock-out, acts of a third party, and circumstances concerning the health or well-being of animals.
- Meeting means any race meeting at the Tauranga Racecourse.
- Racing Tauranga means Racing Tauranga Incorporated (New Zealand Business Number 9429042592013) trading as Racing Tauranga with its registered office at 1383 Cameron Road, Greerton, Tauranga, New Zealand. Also referred to as we and our.
- Race means any horse race forming part of a Meeting.
- You and your means the person purchasing a ticket online at our website.
2.1 Prices on our website are in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Credit card fees and administrative fees may be charged and the amount will be stated at the ticket checkout. Prices do not include courier charges which will be payable by you in addition to the Price. Your account will be charged in New Zealand dollars.
2.2 Payment methods include Visa and Mastercard.
3.1 Once purchased you may elect for your ticket to be sent to your e-mail address (this option may not be available for all tickets), couriered to your nominated address, or collected in person from Racing Tauranga’s premises between the hours of 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday. Tickets cannot be collected from Racing Tauranga’s premises on the day of the Event. Tickets will be deemed delivered, when our e-mail server evidences the e-mail ticket has been sent, when delivered to your nominated address, or when collected from our premises (as applicable).
3.2 Photographic ID will be required to collect your ticket. Only the credit card owner who purchased the ticket online may collect the ticket in person.
4.1 By purchasing a ticket you warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. You must have valid proof of age to gain entry to an Event. Persons under the age of 18 years will be denied entry to an Event unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you are refused entry or removed from the Event as you are underage or do not have valid proof of age, you will not be entitled to a refund of the ticket price or any part thereof.
4.2 Racing Tauranga will not accept responsibility for misplaced, lost, or stolen tickets. Racing Tauranga reserves the right to charge for replacement tickets.
4.3 Your ticket must be presented to Racing Tauranga and Event personnel on request. Failure to comply may result in entry being refused or your removal from the Event. Entry to an Event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Racing Tauranga.
4.4 Additional terms of entry may apply. Racing Tauranga and its Event personnel reserve the right to refuse you entry to or to remove you from the Event for various reasons including, but not limited to, misconduct, disorderly conduct, abusive language, intoxication or failure to follow Racing Tauranga’s and Event personnel’s reasonable directions. If you are refused entry or removed from the Event you will not be entitled to a refund of the ticket price or any part thereof.
4.5 Your ticket allows you admission to an Event and includes such additional benefits noted as being included with that ticket on our website (as applicable). Racing Tauranga reserves the right to at its discretion vary, add, withdraw or substitute advertised events, programmes, Meetings, Races, seating arrangements and/or facilities the subject of your ticket. We give no guarantee:
- That any Event, Meeting or Race will take place.
- That any horse or jockey will appear at any Event, Meeting or Race.
- Concerning the nature or quality of any Event, Meeting or Race.
4.6 The purchase of a ticket to a particular facility does not permit entry to any other private facility. However, you may access and utilise public areas. Some facilities are outdoors or exposed to the weather. In such cases, no alternative facilities are available in the event of unfavourable weather conditions.
4.7 Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Racing Tauranga, be resold or offered for resale at a premium or used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this clause 4.7, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder may be refused admission.
5.1 If you are a consumer (as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any rights you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
5.2 Subject to clause 5.1 and to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- Any representations and warranties implied at law are excluded.
- Our liability in respect of any ticket or Event is limited to the price for which the ticket was purchased excluding any credit card fees, administrative fees and courier charges and we will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, abandonment or postponement of an Event, including any travel and accommodation expenses. Refunds will only be made to the original purchaser of the ticket.
5.3 Under no circumstances will we be liable to you if we are unable to perform our obligations under these Terms due to Force Majeure. In particular, if an Event (or any part of an Event) including, without limitation, a Meeting or a Race is cancelled, abandoned or postponed, in whole or in part, due to Force Majeure, we are not liable to provide you with a refund, credit or exchange and no obligation is assumed by Racing Tauranga for the arrangement of a substitute Event, Meeting or Race.
5.4 No refund shall be given if you are unable for any reason to attend an Event (or any part of an Event).
6.1 We may vary these Terms from time to time. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms have been varied.
6.2 These Terms are governed by New Zealand law. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.