The Coronavirus Emergency Regulations come into force at 4 pm today and will remain in force until 13 April 2020. Under Rule 106 the Regulations are binding on all clubs, licence holders, owners and other persons to whom the Rules apply.
These steps are necessary to protect the health and wellbeing of our participants and ensure that our industry can continue to function in a time of national crisis.
The only people who can attend the race meeting will be:
- Licensed jockeys engaged to compete at the meeting;
- Licensed trainers with runners engaged at the meeting and their essential staff;
- Race day and integrity officials and staff;
- Broadcasters (Trackside);
- Limited accredited media (only as approved by NZTR)